View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:34 am

Passed! 

Post Re: Passed!
Musky Todd,
I used to work with a guy a long time ago before I caught the musky bug. He used to tell me stories of his musky fishing trips up North and how every time he and his wife would go fishing he would get skunked and his wife would catch the muskies. Little did I know then I would later be in his shoes. I've had musky follows, blow ups, even had one jump completely out of the water near my lure but I never connected. I caught quite a few pike trying to get a musky though. I used to read Musky Hunter magazines and go through musky forums and use all the new `hot' lures and colors that came out. I think Rollie and Helen's could recognize my voice on the phone after a while. Once I even got some lures from England to try. But I never connected. My father-in-law passed away a few years ago and they sold the cabin they had at Stony Point resort on Cass Lake where we went every year, so for now my fever has cooled down. Now it is Hawkin' Fever time for me.
I still take part credit for my wife's muskies she caught since I bought her rod and reel, bought her line and filled her reel, bought her leaders and lures and tied her leaders on, I even netted her muskies for her and took photos. But she still claims she caught them because of the way she jigs her lure. I kept warning her she was so lucky that the muskies she caught hadn't swallowed the little perch colored #7 Rapala Shad Rap she used all the time. They probably wouldn't have lived long if they had. Well, her first one is hanging on our fireplace so he definitely didn't make it. We didn't CPR her unfortunately.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:28 am

Gary,

If that musky fever ever returns and you want to get out, let me know. Although right now I promised Tim that I would take him to one of my haunts when the big girls begin to prowl this spring. If spring ever comes......

Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:14 pm

That's very nice of you to offer. I'm not really sure if musky fever ever really goes away once you have it. Problem is my wife would have to come along to show both of us up. And knowing her, she probably would. I added a photo of my wife Mary and her Dad, Bernie and her first musky.

Attachments:
My Pictures0023.jpg
My Pictures0023.jpg [ 86.68 KiB | Viewed 3793 times ]
Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:08 am

That's the bait in the picture, correct?

Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:32 am

Hello, Brian,
That's the bait she uses when she is bluegill and crappie fishing. See when you drag that bait in back of the boat the bluegill think it is a big fish coming after them so they jump out of the water to get away from it and just land in the boat. Sort of like those Japanese carp in the Mississippi River.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:16 pm

So you just scare the carp right out of them then? Ops I meant crap, typo :0)

Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:58 am

Exactly!!!!! Carpe Diem!!!!!

Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:35 am